With just 2 fibreglass poles making up the main body of the awning, the Cayman Tail is both quick and simple to pitch, and structurally very stable. Available to fit vehicle heights of up to 240cm the fully adjustable connection cowl offers a snug fit to most vans and SUVs. There are large access doors on all sides of the awning meaning in fair weather the awning can be opened completely to double-up as a shelter or gazebo. There are also entry doors on both sides of the cowl to allow access to the vehicle without the need to come through the awning. The Cayman Tail comes complete with a wealth of features including an integral eyebrow canopy, a ‘fold-flat’ sewn-in groundsheet, mesh ventilation, clips to attach an optional 2 berth bedroom inner tent, and Velcro fixings for the Outdoor Revolution LED lighting system.
This model has been produced from a premium ultra-lightweight 120HDE fabric weave, which has been specifically engineered to deliver lightweight, compact and visually contemporary products that pack away neatly into the inclusive carry bag, making it perfect where weight or space limitations are of key consideration. This material incorporates a 3,000mm Hydrostatic Head and employs fully taped seams throughout, meaning it is exceptionally waterproof and rain will simply bead onto the surface, before rolling off. The sleek design lines & classic tri colour livery will coordinate & complement any campervan or motorhome.
Large PVC windows positioned on all sides of the awning allow for ample natural light and a superb vista of the outside world, all windows feature integral toggle-in curtains which can be rolled-back during the day or closed for complete privacy at night. Ventilation Points in the roof, cowl door, and a large side mesh panel aid in reducing condensation by optimising airflow around the awning, as well as helping to keep unwanted insects out. Full Roll-Back doors on all sides offer a great option to use the awning as a sunshade in fair weather.
The Cayman Tail comes complete with a fully sewn-in PE groundsheet, steel ground pegs, reflective guylines, and a repair kit. There are mains cable access points, plus Velcro fixings for our optional LED lighting systems. A Stone Protection Footprint Groundsheet, a hardwearing Duratread Carpet, and a Two Berth Inner Tent are also available for purchase, alongside an array of other convenient accessories.
Cayman Tail Technical Specification
Height Range: 180cm – 240cm
Total Weight 12.65kg
Pack Size 72x32x31cm
Footprint 250 x 250cm (+140cm cowl depth)
Rail Connection Width 190cm
Cayman Tail Key Features Summarised
• 120HDE high density all-weather lightweight fabric
• Hydrostatic head 3,000mm
• Lightweight yet robust fibreglass poled frame
• Zip-back front & side doors • Integral, eyebrow canopy with fibreglass pole
• Inner cowl tension straps and cowl bungee for an adjustable vehicle fit
• 4mm & 6mm twin cowl connection rail piping
• Twin rear zip-back cowl access doors
• Roof ventilation system with Velcro down storm cover
• Crystal clear PVC windows with toggle in privacy blinds
• Fully sewn-in PE groundsheet with fold down access door up stands
• Hanging points for optional 2 berth sleeping inner tent
• Colour coded guylines with quick adjusters
• Adjustable webbing pegging system
• Includes peg set and carry bag