Vango Airbeam Kela IV Low Driveaway Awning 2018
The Vango Airbeam Kela IV Low Driveaway Awninghas been the mainstay of the ever popular Vango Airbeam awning since its inception several years ago. Vango has three different height versions of this hugely popular awning. The living area is not a different height, it is just the tunnel for the connection to your vehicle. This Low one is ideally suited to the VW Campervan and equivalent sized campers market. Perfect for VW T1, T2, T25, T4, T5 and T6, Mercedes Vito, Renault Traffic/Vauxall Vivaro, Ford Torneo etc. in the height range of 180cm to 210cm. If you have a taller height (hightop van, Crafter, Sprinter sized camper or larger Motorhome), it is recommended that you opt for the Std or Tall height version. There is no difference in living height – it is just the tunnel height available.
Please call 07900600886 for expert free advice and other products.
The market leading Kela IV, remains the driving force behind Vango’s freestanding awning collection, now features a new high quality 420 double ripstop Sentinel Pro fabric. This, coupled with bracer beams and a set of storm straps, makes the Kela IV a highly durable and well designed drive-away awning. With a side door on each side of the connecting section, this is an ideal area for storage and will help keep the awning and your vehicle clean and dry. Don’t fret about stormy conditions, the patented Tension Band System (TBS® II) ensures your awning will remain stable in harsh weather and for normal conditions, simply tuck it away into the dedicated pockets. The Kela IV is a beautifully designed drive-away awning that will compliment your campervan or motorhome.
Vango Airbeam Kela IV Low Driveaway Awning 2018 Features
- NEW Skylight windows provide daylight and stargazing
- NEW SkyTrack II system suspends lights and storage
- NEW Orange reflective guylines with tidies
- NEW larger low vents help circulate air
- Vango AirAway® Structure – Inflatable AirBeam® technology allows for pole free pitching and easy erection on your vehicle (double action pump included)
- Sentinel Pro 420 Fabric – The 420 denier double ripstop threads we weave into Sentinel Pro provide an incredibly strong fabric that will withstand a great deal of punishment from the sun, wind and rain. The high-density base fabric, combined with PU technical coatings make Sentinel Pro a market leader in terms of waterproofness and longevity
- Oxford polyester groundsheet – Fantastic balance between low weight and high durability
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet – Groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide a bug and draught free environment
- AirSpeed® valve system and easy access positioning – Designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeams® with even less effort
- Patented Vango TBS® II Tension Band System – Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds
- Pre-attached 6mm Kador strip – The most common and easy to use connection system for awning attachment to vehicles
- Touch fastener roof bar attachment tabs – Simply wrap around vehicle roof bars for quick and easy use
- Pole & Clamp kit sleeve – Allows optional pole & clamp kit attachment, for vehicles without a kador rail yet obtain a gutter
- Bracer beams included – Designed to fit in between the awnings main AirBeams® to enhance stability in high winds
- 8m Straps included – Straps can be tensioned and rested over the vehicle, allowing the awning to attach to vehicles without kador rails
- Webbing storm straps – Provides secure guying at the front and rear of the awning
- Line-Lok guyline runners – Lock securely, simple to release and high performance in all conditions
- Reflective webbing – Picks up torchlight so the pegging points are easily spotted in low light conditions
- Large windows – Provide bright and airy environment
- Diamond Clear windows – Maximise light and visibility
- Zipped privacy curtains – Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening. Fit to the flysheet with no gaps and simply roll down into a pocket
- Door in connecting panel – Allows convenient access
- Flat entry – Easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility
- King pole doors – Integrated eyelets allow optional king poles to prop open doors, creating a canopy
- Roll away rear porch – Can be rolled away when not in use
- Fully taped seams – All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped which provides a watertight seal
- Wide mouthed bag with compression straps – Allows your awning to be packed away and carried to and from the campsite easily
- Optional bedroom inner – Optional extra available to purchase separately
- Steel rock pegs and mallet included – Pegs are strong, durable and can be used on more challenging terrain
- AirBeam® Pump Included – Double action pump that will rapidly inflate your AirAway® Awning which comes complete with a pressure dial
- Cable entry point with tidies – Zipped entry point for power cable, with touch fastener tidies
- Lantern Hanging Points – Conveniently positioned to attach your light(s)
- Fire retardant fabrics – Meets European EN5912 safety standard
- Fully wind and rain tested – Weather tested to the European standard EN5912 by certified test centre
- Orange reflective guylines with tidies – High visibility lower half to prevent hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- NEW Skylight Windows – Windows which run along the roof line of the tent to increase the amount of light during the day and for star gazing at night
- SkyTrack II® – A flexible hanging system which allows you to easily attach lighting, storage or our new SkyLiners. The SkyTrack system truly allows you to design your tent to suit your needs
- Low level vents – Helps circulate air within the awning and reduces condensation
- 2 mesh doors – Front and side doors fitted with internal mesh panel for bug free ventilation
- Over vehicle webbing straps – Can be tensioned and rested over the vehicle, allowing the awning to attach to vehicles without kador rails
- The sewn in Kador Bead allows you to attach your AirAway Awning onto your campervan/motorhome via an awning rail. Dimension are 6mm thick and 248cm long. Drive Away Kit sold separately.
- To add to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment, the groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide all round protection.
Vango Airbeam Kela IV Low Driveaway Awning 2018 Technical Specifications
|Pitching Time||8 mins|
|Packsize||L78.0 x H32.0 x W34.0cm|
|Kador Adjustable Height||180-210cm|
|Weight without Accessories||13.25kg|
HOW TO ATTACH TO YOUR VEHICLE
FIGURE OF 8 CLIPPED TO GUTTER / POLE AND CLAMP ON GUTTER
There are a few options for attaching this awning to your vehicle which depends slightly on the type of vehicle. The older vans such as the T2 and T25 with the gutter channel may use just the Figure of 8 and clip this on (depending a little on the condition of the gutter channel). This works to a certain extent but can come unclipped if it gets windy. They can also use a pole and clamp system although this is not a method I would personally recommend as I have seen one end of a pole come off before and then make a big mess of the van as the metal pole clangs against it. Some pole systems use sucker pads which are even more unreliable.
TYING OVER THE TOP
On all vehicles except those with high tops or pop tops you can tie the awning over the top with the use of the Figure of 8 and Kador Converter which is a beading with straps sewn to it. This works relatively well however can scuff the paintwork (although some pipe lagging can help). It can also make some noise as the straps tap and if the weather is coming over the top of the vehicle can flap and allow water and wind in more easily.
If you have roof rails fitted the velcro tabs fitted on the tunnel of the awning allows for attachment to the roof rails. Whilst this will hold the tunnel in position it is not the best weather proof method.
The best option by far is an awning rail. I make bespoke rails for the every vehicle. For the T5, Vito Mk2 and some others with existing bolt holes I can do a bolt on rail. For other vehicles including those with pop top or high top and virtually any other vehicle I can do a one piece chamfered and shaped self fit kit which glues and screws on and comes with everything you need to fit it. These rails are a proper channel which will take the beading of the awning directly if not wishing to drive away or with the use of Figure of 8 and Double sided Kador bead you can drive away with ease whilst giving a quick, easy and the most weatherproof and secure attachment possible. This will not come off if it gets windy. I can supply Figure of 8, Double sided Kador bead for no additional postage.
It is recommended to avoid a J rail or Magnetic Kador – they are not very effective and you will almost certainly end up buying twice!
Vango Awnings are great and definitely get my personal endorsement – they were the first to revive the airbeam idea and have therefore built up valuable experience over the last few years. They also build on over 50 years in the tent making industry and have a fantastic after sales service as well as a 2 year guarantee (extendable to 3 years simply by registering online) with further support even after that where you can buy spare parts and have repairs done. This is a brand and product you can trust.