New Vango Airbeam Attar 380 Tall Height Driveaway Awning
For vehicles with a connection point height between 230cm and 295cm.
The Tall height version here is suitable for taller height and coachbuilt motorhomes with a rail or attachment height between 230-295cm. If you have lower height (VW Transporter/Mercedes Vito sized camper), it is recommended that you opt for the Std height version. There is no difference in living height – it is just the tunnel height available. Please note the Attar 380 has a 3m wide attachment tunnel and may therefore not be as suitable for Short Wheel Base Vehicles.
Please call 07900600886 or 01939 233729 for expert free advice and other products.
The new Attar range of wide, inflatable driveaway awnings not only provides the benefit of extra living and storage space, but also offers the opportunity to extend your living area outside with the inclusion of a large, detachable sun canopy. The Attar also includes Vango’s Vista Front, a collection of huge windows at the front of the awning, which flood the awning with natural light and provide a great viewing gallery which opens up under your detachable canopy. And, for when it gets dark, we have included lantern hanging points so you can enjoy being under canvas after dark. The Attar features high quality 420D Ripstop Polyester fabric and comes in a convenient carry bag that is easy to store; not to mention the bracer beams and TBS system which make the Attar sturdy and stable in all weathers. All Vango driveaway awnings come with a wide range of attachment mechanisms making them simple and convenient to attach to your vehicle.
New Vango Airbeam Attar 380 Tall Features
- Easy to inflate AirBeam structure. Pole free pitching. Poles won’t damage caravan. Supplied with double action pump
- NEW AirSpeed® Valve system and easy access positioning – designed by Vango to inflate your AirBeams with even less effort.
- The Vango patented TBS ®II – Tension Band System ensures that your tent performs in adverse conditions, especially strong, changeable winds. In calm conditions the system can be disconnected if desired. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole and prevent sideways movement. The buckles should be adjusted so that slack is removed, but not over tensioned, as this may deform the poles.
- Robust and hardwearing 420D ripstop polyester flysheet
- Vango AirZone- High and low level ventilation panels combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent
- Vista Front floods the living area with light and provides a great viewing gallery
- 6,000mm HH with fully taped seams
- Adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment. The groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide all round protection.
- Large detachable sun canopy included to add a sheltered outdoor space to your camp
- Large Diamond Clear PVC windows for maximum light and great visibility
- Large windows make it bright and airy inside
- External Storm Skirt
- A door in the connecting fabric between your motorhome/campervan and awning for convenience
- Detachable 2-person inner tent available as optional extra
- 2nd Detachable 2-person inner tent available as optional extra will fit inside
- Bracing beams for front and roof included
- Comes complete with a pair of detachable storm straps
- Comes complete with lantern hanging points for after the sun sets
- Rock pegs are included, as they are more durable and can be used on more varying terrain.
- Double action AirBeam pump included
- Wide mouthed bag for easy packing
- Tested to European Standard EN5912
- Pack Size: L78.0 x H39.0 x W42.0cm
- Weight: 25.4kg
- Awning Type: AirAway
HOW TO ATTACH TO YOUR VEHICLE
FIGURE OF 8 CLIPPED TO GUTTER / POLE AND CLAMP ON GUTTER
There are a few options for attaching this awning to your vehicle which depends slightly on the type of vehicle. The older vans such as the T2 and T25 with the gutter channel may use just the Figure of 8 and clip this on (depending a little on the condition of the gutter channel). This works to a certain extent but can come unclipped if it gets windy. They can also use a pole and clamp system although this is not a method I would personally recommend as I have seen one end of a pole come off before and then make a big mess of the van as the metal pole clangs against it. Some pole systems use sucker pads which are even more unreliable.
TYING OVER THE TOP
On all vehicles except those with high tops or pop tops you can tie the awning over the top with the use of the Figure of 8 and Kador Converter which is a beading with straps sewn to it. This works relatively well however can scuff the paintwork (although some pipe lagging can help). It can also make some noise as the straps tap and if the weather is coming over the top of the vehicle can flap and allow water and wind in more easily.
If you have roof rails fitted the velcro tabs fitted on the tunnel of the awning allows for attachment to the roof rails. Whilst this will hold the tunnel in position it is not the best weather proof method.
The best option by far is an awning rail. I make bespoke rails for the every vehicle. For some vehicles with existing bolt holes I can do a bolt on rail. For other vehicles including larger coachbuilt motorhomes or high top vans and virtually any other vehicle I can do a one piece (up to 370cm) chamfered and shaped self fit kit which glues and screws on and comes with everything you need to fit it. These rails are a proper channel which will take the beading of the awning directly if not wishing to drive away or with the use of Figure of 8 and Double sided Kador bead you can drive away with ease whilst giving a quick, easy and the most weatherproof and secure attachment possible. This will not come off if it gets windy. The Self Fit Kit Rail is £59.99 or the Bolt on one is £64.99 or modified for your roof racks £89.99 plus £16.99 postage. I can supply Figure of 8 (£4.50 each – generally need 4 pieces), Double sided Kador bead (£22.99.00 for 3m) or Kador Converter Straps (£24.99) for no additional postage.It is recommended to avoid a J rail or Magnetic Kador – they are not very effective and you will almost certainly end up buying twice!
FIAMMA OR OMNISTOR WINDOUT AWNINGS
These have a channel similar to that described above integrated within the housing cassette of the windout awning. The Fiamma one takes a 4mm beading, whilst Omnistor takes a 5mm beading. Therefore with the use of the correct Kador Bead which I can supply and Figure of 8, the windout awning can be used as an awning rail. It should be noted that because this channel is not completely flush to the van, it will pull the sides of the awning away from the van as they get higher near the windout awning. You may also have a gap behind the cassette which will still let water drip down between the van and the cassette which would be overcome if you had an awning rail mounted directly to the van, although a little gutter is also available for both of these windout awnings which will also help to alleviate this issue.
Vango Awnings are great and definitely get my personal endorsement – they were the first to revive the airbeam idea and have therefore built up valuable experience over the last few years. They also build on almost 50 years in the tent making industry and have a fantastic after sales service as well as a 2 year guarantee with further support even after that where you can buy spare parts and have repairs done. This is a brand and product you can trust.